Get a Business Owner Library Card
Antioch Business Owner Library Card Registration
The Antioch Public Library District offers a host of online reference and data sites that are beneficial to business owners. For Antioch business owners that do not live in the district obtaining a Business Owner Library Card is the only way to access these resources.
Sign up online now for a temporary Library card and you will be emailed a barcode which can be used to immediately access our online resources.
Business Owners wishing to check out materials from the Antioch Public Library District must have a valid public Library card. The following outlines what you need to provide, in person at the Library, when requesting a Business Owner Library card.
Only ONE CARD may be issued to the resident or non-resident OWNER of an Antioch business when they provide a current driver’s license or state issued identification and one of the following identification:
The Non-resident Business Owner owns the property that the business is conducted in. (Provide one)
- Most recent tax bill showing the taxable property with owners name and Antioch address present.
- Professional license – perhaps issued by the Township of Antioch which would establish location within the Library District.
- Articles of incorporation (showing the principle place/location of business)
The Non-resident Business Owner Rent or Lease the property that the business is conducted in. (Provide one)
- Rent or Lease Agreement – showing the business owners name and address within the Library District.
- Professional license – perhaps issued by the Township of Antioch which would establish location within the Library District
- Articles of incorporation (showing the principle place/location of business)
The issued card may be used by employees of the business if the business owner has previously identified them to the Library in writing.
Only interested in checking out materials?
Not interested in using the online reference or data sites but still want to borrow from our vast collection? Then just register your hometown Illinois Library card with us. Present a current drivers license or state identification along with your current hometown card.
Business Owner Library Card Responsibility Agreement
Thank you for your interest in using our Library’s services. Before we issue a Business Owner Library card, we want to inform you of the privileges you are entitled to and the responsibilities you will assume.
- The Business Owner Library card will entitle you to check out materials and utilize online databases.
- You may list up to four employees to use this Library card, but you will be responsible for the materials checked out. (Names will be entered on form below)
- Since the Library is supported by property taxes, we need you to provide proof of ownership of the property or your rental or real property in the Antioch Public Library District.
- Any fines or damages incurred by the usage of these materials by you or an employee shall be paid by the business. This would include water or chemical damage due to spills.
- Cards must be renewed annually.
APLD offers free, open Wi-fi for any device that has a wireless network card. Simply enable the DHCP capability in the TCP/IP settings and have the device obtain an IP automatically and your device will recognize our wireless system, called APLD. The wireless network is available only during business hours of the Library. Need help? Just ask.
- We provide two computer labs, one for adults/teens located on the main floor behind the service desk and one for children on the main floor in the Children’s Department.
- There is a one hour time limit on all computers. If no one is waiting, time can be extended in 30 minute increments.
- Users should bring a flash drive to save their work.
- Flash Drives may be purchased from the Circulation Desk on the main floor. Size and price of flash drives fluctuates with the current market.
- Upon reboot of any public use computer, any work not saved to removable media, browsing history, etc. will be deleted from the computer and cannot be restored. We ask our patrons to please save their work and save often.
- Filters are in place on all public use computers. Only patrons 18 years old or older using the Adult Lab may request to have the filter turned off while they are using the computer.
- All public use computers have antivirus software installed for browsing security.
Adult/Teen Computer Lab
The Adult Computer Lab has 8 computers plus 1 computer is available for use in the Studio. Young children are not permitted in the Adult/Teen Computer Lab. If you have small children and need to use a computer, we will be happy to let you into a study room with a computer.
Software installed on the Adult Lab Computers include:
- Multiple Internet browsers (Edge, Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox)
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Open Office
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 12
- Winway Resume
- Gimp 2
- Windows Movie Maker
- Aptana Studio 3
- Notepad ++
APLD offers one-on-one help from our Computer Coaches. To find out what we are offering, visit the Events Calendar and signup today.
The Library has 2 copiers available for public use on the main floor, one is across from the Circulation Desk, the other is located in our Business Center behind the Adult Services desk. The copier across from the Circulation desk does black or color copies and faxing. Paper sizes available are 8 1/2″ x 11″ and 8 1/2″ x 14″. Cost for printing is $.10 per page for black and $.50 per page for color. Faxing is $1.00 per page. Double-sided copying and faxing is available.
The copier in the Business Center does black or color copies, hole punching, stapling, and folding. Paper sizes available are 8 1/2″ x 11″, 8 1/2″ x 14″, and 11″ x 17″. Cost for printing is $.10 per page for black and $.50 per page for color. Double-sided copying is available.
The Library has two faxing capable machines available for public use. One machine is located on the main floor right inside the entrance. The second machine is located on the main floor in the Business Center, also known as the Scan Station. Faxing from either location is $1.00 per page.
APLD has a Scanning Station located on the main floor of the Library in the Business Center behind the Adult Services desk. The scanning station includes a flatbed book scanner with a beveled edge to allow for books to lay flat and a single sheet scanner that can scan up to 20 pages double-sided.
- Scans can be done in black or color and can be saved in various formats.
- Users can scan to e-mail, fax, print, Google Drive, USB Drive, or Smartphone/Tablet.
- Scan to fax is $1.00 per page.
- Scan to printer is $.10 for black per page and $.50 for color per page.
- Scanning to any other method is free.
The Library offers wireless printing from any device with Internet access. From a computer, click to submit your print jobs to our coin operated printers. Select the file to be printed, select the number of copies you’d like, choose the black or color printer, select single sided or double sided and if you want to print all the pages or a range of pages. If you have more than one file you need to print, return to the top of the page and select another file to print and repeat the steps above. Once you have all the jobs ready, enter your name or library card number to identify your print jobs. Enter your email address or cell phone number to receive a confirmation message when your job(s) has been processed. Click submit and within 45 seconds the jobs show up on the print release stations in the Library.
Accessing Your Print Job
Walk over to one of the 2 coin operated print release stations in the Library, enter the name or your library card number you used above, select your print job, enter the appropriate money and take your prints. Printing in black only is $.10 per page and color printing is $0.50 per page.
Need to print from your phone or tablet? No problem!
Android and Apple both offer an App called Public Print Locations.