eBooks & eAudiobooks
Libby by Overdrive
Instantly borrow thousands of ebooks and audiobooks shared across the Library consortia from Digital Library of Illinois/Overdrive with the Libby mobile app.
How it works:
- Check out up to five titles at a time – titles can be returned early if needed.
- Titles expire on the due date, nothing to return, no late fees. Users choose their lending period in settings, choices are 7, 14, 21 days.
- If all copies of a title are checked out, you can get on a wait list, and receive an email when it is available. There is a seven hold limit at any given time.
- Libby is supported on the following devices: Android, Apple, Chromebook, Kindle, Mac, and Windows (desktop).
Instantly borrow digital eBooks, movies, music and more, 24/7 with your library card.
How it works:
- All titles are available instantly, there are no holds and no watiting.
- Limit ten checkouts per month, per library card.
- Unlimited play of checked out items during lending period.
- Titles expire on the due date, nothing to return, no late fees.
- There are no renewals, but items may be immediately checked out again.
- Once an item has been borrowed, even if it is returned immediately, it will count against the five item limit per card.
- You must create an account with an email and password to use Hoopla.
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, & Comics check out for 21 days.
- Most Movies & TV Shows check out for 72 hours (due to publisher restrictions some are only for 48 hours).
- Music Albums check out for 7 days.