Get a Library Card
To obtain a library card, you must live in the Antioch Public Library District. Cards are free to district residents but you will need to present one of the following as proof of identification:
- Illinois driver’s license
- Illinois State ID
- Student ID
To verify Antioch Public Library District residency, you may also need to present one of the following:
- Real estate tax bill
- Utility bill
- Recent dated rent receipt
- Current voter registration
- Recent high school grade report
- Business Card
Only a parent or legal guardian may register a child under age 18.
A lost library card cost $1.00 to replace. Cards are replaced free during the month of September which is National Library Card Sign up Month.
Library cards and the materials checked out on them are the responsibility of the card holder. It is important that you report a lost or stolen card.
Get a PIN
When registering for an APLD library card you will automatically be assigned a PIN to use when placing a hold online. By default, this number is the last four digits of your library card number. You may change your PIN by logging on to your library account and clicking “Library PIN” in the menu on the left.
Place a Hold
If the Searched Item is Available:
Click on the “Hold Request” icon to the left. Fill in the blanks with your library card number and PIN number. Click on “Submit Request”. The item will be pulled from the shelf for you. Please allow a couple of hours before picking it up. For quicker service, please call the Library with your request.
If the Searched Item is Checked Out:
If the item is currently unavailable just follow the same steps as if the item is available and you will automatically be placed on the “Hold” list for the item. The staff will call when the item becomes available. If you’d like to receive a text or e-mail when your hold has arrived, please see the Circulation Department.
Suggest a Purchase
Do you have an item you’d like the library to purchase? Fill out this form, and submit it. The library will purchase the item and when it comes in you will be on hold for it.
Guidelines for Interlibrary Loans
We can get items from libraries around the country delivered to us!
* We are happy to offer Interlibrary Loan to residents of our district.
* Due to Interlibrary borrowing agreements, we are not able to borrow items that are less than six months old from other libraries.
* Requests are limited to ten items per card per week.
* Due dates of materials are determined by the lending library.
To Request an Item Online:
Log in to OCLC WorldCat using your library card number and PIN.
Once you have located the desired item click to open and choose the option to “Borrow this item from another library.” Fill out the form with your name, phone number, and library card number only. No other information on the form is necessary.
APLD will request the item for you and notify you by phone when it is ready for pick-up at the Library circulation desk. You will receive a secondary phone call and if the item is then not picked up it will be returned to the lending library. Notification will also be sent if the item is not available for interlibrary loan.
Availability of books through interlibrary loan depends solely on the lending library. If you have not received your item in two weeks, please call and we will check on the status for you.
- DVDs & Blu-rays
- Adult New Fiction
- Special collections as designated
- Playaway Launchpads
- Apple iPads
- Most books
- Lengthy New Fiction
- Recorded books on CD & Playaway
- Music CDs
- Developmental games
- TV Series
- Playaway View
- Kindle Paperwhites
- Video Games
- Mobile Hotspot
- GoPro Cameras
- Subscription boxes
- Oculus VR Headset
IN-HOUSE ONE DAY LOANS
- Osmo and Accessories
- Charging Equipment
- Battery Packs
- Special Collections
- Interlibrary Loan Materials
- Most library materials may be renewed twice, by phone, in person, or online.
- Items on hold for other patrons may not be renewed.
- DVDs = 10 each of Adult & Children
- Blu-ray = 10 each of Adult & Children
- CDs = 10 each of Adult & Children
- TV Series = 10 each of Adult & Children
- Video games = 5 each of Adult, Children & Teen
- Electronic Resources = 1 to an adult Antioch card holder
- Playaway View = 5 to an adult Antioch card holder
- Playaway Launchpad = 2 to an adult Antioch card holder
** Loan limits on some collections (such as holiday or special assignment materials) may occasionally be designated.
- Libby (formerly MyMediaMall) = allows for 5 items checked out at any given time and 7 holds at any given time. User sets their own lending period in settings choosing between 7, 14, or 21 days.
- Hoopla = allows for 5 checkouts per month, per user.
- Most Movies & TV shows check out for 72 hours (due to publisher restrictions some are only for 48 hours).
- Music Albums check out for 7 days.
- Audiobooks, Comics, & eBooks check out for 21 days.
- Kanopy = allows for 5 checkouts per month per user.
- Freegal = allows for 5 downloads per week per user & 3 hours of streaming per day per user.
Fees and Restrictions
A fee of 10¢ per day is charged for most items that are returned late, while special collection items are $1.00 per day. These fees apply to all materials regardless of format or loan period.
MAXIMUM OVERDUE FEE = COST OF ITEM
Books ………………….… Cost of Item
Videos …………………… Cost of Item
CDs ..……………….…….. Cost of Item
Magazines …………….. $8.00 each
A processing fee of $7.00 per item is added to the replacement cost of lost or damaged materials.
When lost items are returned within six months of payment, a refund is made for the cost of the item, but not of the processing fee. A receipt is required for a refund.
When materials are returned damaged, the cost is assessed and charged to the patron’s library record. Damaged materials will be kept for no longer than 90 days.
The cost to replace a library card is $1.00
Patrons residing outside of Illinois or in certain parts of Illinois not served by a library district may purchase a non-resident card. Cost of a non-resident card varies from year to year. Please call to find out the current cost.
Pay Fines Online
To pay your fines online, log in to your Account. Fines can be paid online from anywhere using all major credit cards. Any amount can be paid and will be immediately taken off your account. Please remember any items currently checked out that are overdue have to be renewed or returned for that fine to be included in your account. Any lost items must be reported to the Circulation Desk as lost to be included.