Book groups are a great place to meet interesting people and develop lasting friendships. They are a safe place to exchange and challenge ideas. Our members are really nice people who really like each other and we enjoy meeting to discuss our favorite activity – reading. Join us and engage your head and your heart.
Meeting on the second Monday of the month at 2 p.m. in person at the library and online through Zoom. Please register online from our calendar to be sure to receive the link to participate. This group reads books chosen for the quality of writing and the richness of the stories portrayed. We usually choose fiction, with a sprinkling of non-fiction that reads like fiction. Conversations are warm and friendly, as readers share their experiences of how a book affected them. We are always looking for new members and fresh perspectives.
Upcoming Book Chat dates and books:
- Monday, March 13, 2023 📚 The Girls of Atomic City by Denise Kiernan
- Monday, April 10, 2023 📚 Black Cake by Charmaine Wilkerson
- Monday, May 8, 2023 📚 The Pull of the Stars by Emma Donoghue
Novel Pleasures Book Club
Meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month at 10 a.m. online through Zoom. Please register online from our calendar to be sure to receive the link to participate. This groups read for the pure pleasure of reading. We favor books that are kind to the minds, uplifting to the soul, that open up new worlds, and new ways of seeing our world.
Upcoming Book Club dates and books:
- Tuesday, August 16, 2022 How Beautiful We Were by Imbolo Mbue
- Tuesday, September 20, 2022 Eight Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson
- Tuesday, October 18, 2022 Women Talking by Miriam Toews
- Tuesday, November 15, 2022 Frog Music by Emma Donaghue
To reserve a copy of any of the upcoming monthly Book Club reads, contact Amy Blue at the Library about a month before the meeting date.