Book groups are a great place to meet interesting people and develop lasting friendships. They are a safe place to exchange and challenge ideas. Our members are really nice people who really like each other and we enjoy meeting to discuss our favorite activity – reading. Join us and engage your head and your heart.
Meeting on the second Monday of the month at 7 p.m.online through Zoom. Please register online from our calendar to be sure to receive the link to participate. This group reads books chosen for the quality of writing and the richness of the stories portrayed. They usually choose fiction, with a sprinkling of non-fiction that reads like fiction. Conversations are warm and friendly, as readers share their experiences of how a book affected them. They are always looking for new members and fresh perspectives.
Upcoming Book Chat dates and books:
Novel Pleasures Book Club
Meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month at 10 a.m. online through Zoom. Please register online from our calendar to be sure to receive the link to participate. This groups read for the pure pleasure of reading. We favor books that are kind to the minds, uplifting to the soul, that open up new worlds, and new ways of seeing our world.
Upcoming Book Club dates and books:
- Tuesday, February 15, 2022 📚 Valentine by Elizabeth Wetmore
- Tuesday, March 15, 2022 📚 The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- Tuesday, April 19, 2022 📚 Death in Mud Lick by Eric Eyre
- Tuesday, May 17, 2022 📚 The Paris Library by Janet Skeslien Charles
- Tuesday, June 21, 2022 📚 The Mystery of Mrs. Christie by Marie Benedict
- Tuesday, July 19, 2022 📚 The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner
- Tuesday, Aug 16, 2022 📚 How Beautiful We Were by Imbolo Mbue
To reserve a copy of any of the upcoming monthly Book Club reads, contact Amy Blue at the Library about a month before the meeting date.