Time to use your imagination! Paper wands/Pinwheels can be used as a princess or fairy wand or just for decoration.
Materials you could use: (Be creative. It is fun!)
- Patterned paper
- Craft paper
- Craft paper straws or decorate a drinking straw
- Washi tape works for decorating drinking straws
- Paper trimmer
- Scoring board if you have one (to make rosettes)
- Scalloped edge paper punch or any border punch
- Nesting craft punches or circular objects to trace and cut
- Hot glue gun, liquid glue, tape runners, sticky dots and pop-up tape
- Craft embellishments
- Paper flowers
For the rosettes:
I cut (2) strips of paper 3” x 12”, then used a paper edge die cut to make the edges decorative.
- Strips can be cut in 1”, 2” or 3”.
- You can use a paper scorer to help make folding easier.
- If you do not have a paper scorer you can just manually fold it like a fan.
- If you need the rosette larger you can use 2 or more strips of paper.
- Then glue or tape the ends together after you have folded the paper into a circle shape.
I like to begin with the larger piece first. Then I add the other pieces to the wand from larger to smaller. Extra embellishments can be added last. When adding the drinking straws, add them between two pieces for extra strength.