Antioch Library Friends Donations
Help support us with donations for our store. We accept donations any time during the library’s normal operating hours. To make a donation please take it to the Circulation Desk or tell the person at the Circulation Desk that you would like your books unloaded at the back of the library.
The Antioch Library Friends truly appreciate all donations from the community. However, there are some items that they cannot resell in the store or during yearly book sales. Before donating items, please review their list of unacceptable items. If they cannot sell the items, the library must pay to have these items disposed of.
What We Have Done:
All libraries operate on a fixed yearly budget that does not allow them to provide all the services and equipment they would like to. Since 2005 we have provided the Antioch Library with $106,000 for various equipment and programs. Some of what we have been able to provide includes:
Funding for the Adult, Teen, and Children’s Summer Reading Programs
- The library’s outdoor sign
- The library’s outdoor flag pole
- Shelving and Desks
- Additional copies of children’s books that complement the local schools’ Accelerated Reader Programs
- Computers, Monitors, and Printers
- Book Scan Station
- Flat Screen TV behind the Circulation Desk
- Children’s Playaway Views
- Incentives for 1000 books before Kindergarten
- E-Reader Equipment
- Book Club Kits
- New Microfiche Reader
- Event Tent
- Touchscreen all-in-one computer to hang on a stack-end to use for looking up items in the library
- Money to buy E-books
- Money to buy Apple iPads to circulate to patrons
- Subscription to Bitsbox, a coding program for kids
- Money to buy technology toys for the Children’s Department
- And Much, Much more
Join the Friends
If you are interested in becoming an Antioch Library Friend, click the button below for all the information you need to know.
Have questions? Want more information? Send us an email!
Wall of Honor Charitable Donations
For further information, in making a donation and to have you or your business’s name placed on the tree, click on the link below.