Full hours at Library as of April 5th, 2021:
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.,
Friday & Saturday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.,
Sundays 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Increased hours at Library as of Tuesday, February 16, 2021:
The change in Lake County restrictions allows us to open for more hours.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday and Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Curbside service is still available.
The move to shorter hours is in compliance with Governor Pritzker’s request that Illinoisan residents limit time outside the home to essential activities for the next three weeks.
Patrons in need of essential services outside of our open hours can contact the Adult Reference Desk at:
- Call: 847-395-0874 – Press 2 for Reference Desk
- Email: email@example.com
- Text: Ask a Librarian located at the top of the Library website
Beginning Monday, September 21, 2020 the Library will be open for more normal hours!
Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday & Saturday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
We will remain closed on Sundays until October 4, 2020 when we will resume our normal Sunday hours of 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Staff has worked hard to get caught up and put things back in order so we can see more of you each day. Please spread the word. This has been a long road and we are so happy to be getting back to normal around here.
Beginning Monday, June 29, 2020 patrons will be allowed inside the Library!
Mondays & Thursdays from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. will be reserved for the vulnerable population to use the library.
The Antioch Public Library District is excited to announce that patrons will be allowed inside starting June 29, 2020. The number of patrons allowed inside the building at one time will be limited. During this time, we ask that you limit your time in the building to an hour or less, and we will be continuing curbside pickup for those who do not feel comfortable coming inside. We will continue to operate on limited hours, and hope to return to normal operating hours as soon as it is safe for our staff and patrons to do so.
When visiting the library, please remember to:
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Continue to practice social distancing
- Limit the amount of people and the amount of time spent in the library
- Stay home if you feel sick
Interlibrary Loan will resume June 29, 2020.
Our Interlibrary Loan service will resume June 29, 2020. You may start making requests as of June 25, 2020.
Curbside Pick Up Starts Monday, June 15, 2020:
Please do wear a mask and maintain appropriate distances from other patrons.
Must be an Antioch card holder with accounts in good standing to use this service.
- Place items on hold by logging into your library account, by calling the library, staff are available Monday & Thursday 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. & 5 p.m. – 8 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday 1 p.m. – 5 p.m., or through Ask a Librarian located in the upper right corner of the website.
- You will be asked to provide your name, last four digits of your library card number and contact information.
- Only items with a status of Available are on hand and immediately available for pick-up.
- There is a limit of 10 holds per card.
- Library staff will contact you to set up a time to pick up your items.
- If you received a temporary library card while the library was closed and want to check out items, please contact the Circulation staff to setup an appointment to verify your identification and sign your registration card. All temporary cards expire on July 1, 2020 and will not be renewed until you present a valid ID to library staff.
May 29, 2020 update from Jennifer Drinka, Library Director
Phased reopening update:
On Monday, June 1 at 8:30 a.m. the Library Book Drops will be reopened for returns.
What can you expect over the next few weeks:
- Only returns will be accepted the first week of opening.
- Items must be deposited directly into one of the book drops. Staff members will not accept any returns from patrons. **Exceptions are iPads, Go Pro Cameras, telescopes and other items that don’t fit through the book drop slot. Please contact the library 847-395-0874 to set up an appointment to return these items via contactless drop-off.
- You don’t have to return your items immediately; all due dates have been extended to July 1, 2020. You will not be charged overdue fines.
- If book drops are full, don’t leave your items atop the book drops or anywhere on library property. You will be charged if those items go missing or are damaged.
- Do not return items that you personally checked out from another library.
- You may begin placing holds through your library account.
- There will be changes to the entrance and exit areas of the Library parking lot. Signs will be present to assist you in easy access to and from the book bins and curbside assistance when this starts.
- More information on extended service will be released the week of June 8.
- No book or other donations for the Used Book Store are being taken at this time.
- Library phones will be manned:
Monday and Thursday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. & 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
May 1, 2020 update from Jennifer Drinka, Library Director
April 14, 2020 update from Jennifer Drinka, Library Director
The Antioch Public Library District in the best interest of its patrons and staff and on confirmed notice of our Board of Trustees have issued a closure of the Library.
Effective Friday, March 13 at 5:00 p.m. until Friday, May 1 at 9:00 a.m.
The APLD has remained vigilant in following this current situation with COVID-19. We have been following information and advice provided us by the CDC, other National and local health organizations as-well-as other local library’s and public institutions.
- All material due dates are extended. BOOK BINS WILL BE CLOSED. Please keep and enjoy your selections until we reopen.
- All homebound deliveries will be suspended.
- Online service will remain available for access to books, movies, courses, magazines, and more.
- When possible our online email service “Ask A Librarian” will be monitored. Times and dates will be posted online.
- Library Social Media channels will be posting updates and content suggestions.
- The library will be professionally cleaned before reopening.
What can you do to help contain and control the spread of the virus:
- Practice good hygiene.
- Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Practice social distancing.
- The CDC recommends maintaining a distance of 6′ when possible.
While we are closed:
Explore APLD’s digital collection. User-friendly mobile apps are available for most platforms.
Discover APLD’s online resources to help you write a paper, learn a language, learn a new craft, and so much more.
APLD will continue to monitor the situation and will update our website and social media accordingly.