May 29, 2020 update from Jennifer Drinka, Library Director
Phased reopening update:
On Monday, June 1 at 8:30 a.m. the Library Book Drops will be reopened for returns.
What can you expect over the next few weeks:
- Only returns will be accepted the first week of opening.
- Items must be deposited directly into one of the book drops. Staff members will not accept any returns from patrons. **Exceptions are iPads, Go Pro Cameras, telescopes and other items that don’t fit through the book drop slot. Please contact the library 847-395-0874 to set up an appointment to return these items via contactless drop-off.
- You don’t have to return your items immediately; all due dates have been extended to July 1, 2020. You will not be charged overdue fines.
- If book drops are full, don’t leave your items atop the book drops or anywhere on library property. You will be charged if those items go missing or are damaged.
- Do not return items that you personally checked out from another library.
- You may begin placing holds through your library account.
- There will be changes to the entrance and exit areas of the Library parking lot. Signs will be present to assist you in easy access to and from the book bins and curbside assistance when this starts.
- More information on extended service will be released the week of June 8.
- No book or other donations for the Used Book Store are being taken at this time.
- Library phones will be manned:
Monday and Thursday: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. & 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
The Antioch Public Library District in the best interest of its patrons and staff and on confirmed notice of our Board of Trustees have issued a closure of the Library.
Effective Friday, March 13 at 5:00 p.m. until Friday, May 1 at 9:00 a.m.
The APLD has remained vigilant in following this current situation with COVID-19. We have been following information and advice provided us by the CDC, other National and local health organizations as-well-as other local library’s and public institutions.
- All material due dates are extended. BOOK BINS WILL BE CLOSED. Please keep and enjoy your selections until we reopen.
- All homebound deliveries will be suspended.
- Online service will remain available for access to books, movies, courses, magazines, and more.
- When possible our online email service “Ask A Librarian” will be monitored. Times and dates will be posted online.
- Library Social Media channels will be posting updates and content suggestions.
- The library will be professionally cleaned before reopening.
What can you do to help contain and control the spread of the virus:
- Practice good hygiene.
- Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Practice social distancing.
- The CDC recommends maintaining a distance of 6′ when possible.
While we are closed:
Explore APLD’s digital collection. User-friendly mobile apps are available for most platforms.
Discover APLD’s online resources to help you write a paper, learn a language, learn a new craft, and so much more.
APLD will continue to monitor the situation and will update our website and social media accordingly.
- Coronavirus Quick Reference Guide
- World Health Organization
- USPS and Package Delivery Information
- Local Antioch Restaurants Open for Curbside Pickup/Delivery
- Local Contact Info URLS
- Small Business Assistance
- Antioch Area Healthcare Accessibility Alliance (AAHAA)
- Tax Relief (IRS) For Small Business