The Antioch Public Library District in the best interest of its patrons and staff and on confirmed notice of our Board of Trustees have issued a closure of the Library.
Effective Friday, March 13 at 5:00 p.m. until Friday, May 1 at 9:00 a.m.
The APLD has remained vigilant in following this current situation with COVID-19. We have been following information and advice provided us by the CDC, other National and local health organizations as-well-as other local library’s and public institutions.
- All material due dates are extended. BOOK BINS WILL BE CLOSED. Please keep and enjoy your selections until we reopen.
- All homebound deliveries will be suspended.
- Online service will remain available for access to books, movies, courses, magazines, and more.
- When possible our online email service “Ask A Librarian” will be monitored. Times and dates will be posted online.
- Library Social Media channels will be posting updates and content suggestions.
- The library will be professionally cleaned before reopening.
What can you do to help contain and control the spread of the virus:
- Practice good hygiene.
- Wash your hands often and for at least 20 seconds at a time.
- Practice social distancing.
- The CDC recommends maintaining a distance of 6′ when possible.
While we are closed:
Explore APLD’s digital collection. User-friendly mobile apps are available for most platforms.
Discover APLD’s online resources to help you write a paper, learn a language, learn a new craft, and so much more.
APLD will continue to monitor the situation and will update our website and social media accordingly.