Reserve a Room
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Suggest A Purchase?
If you would like to suggest a purchase, please fill out the form
How Do I Get Inter-Library Loans?
If there is an item in another library that you are interested in and you have an Antioch library card, we can have the item sent to us through inter-library loan.
The only restrictions on interlibrary loan are as follows:
• We cannot order items that are less than six months old and may not be able to get items older than that if they are too popular. In most cases we purchase these items for our own collection rather than borrow them.
• Requests are limited to 10 per week per patron.
• As with any borrowing privileges, patrons must be in good standing with us in order to borrow from another library.
We cannot guess when an inter-library loaned item will come in, as it depends entirely on the lending library. We do ask that patrons follow up with requests if they have not heard back within two weeks of placing the request.
Once we've received an item, most materials except videos are loaned for two weeks; most videos for one week. Again, it depends on the lending library.
You Can Now Order ILL Books From Home
How to Request an Item through Interlibrary Loan:
• You must have an Antioch library card in order to place interlibrary loans. In addition, you must have a pin number set up in circulation.
• Go to www.apld.info. Click on the "Virtual Services" link.
• Enter your library barcode and pin number. Choose Worldcat-OCLC from the alphabetic list on this page.
• Search for the item you wish to request. When you are in the record for the item, click on the "Borrow this Item from Another Library" link.
• Fill in the required fields and click "Submit".
If you would like, you can set up a Worldcat user account at the My Account link at the top of the page. When you do this, it will automatically fill in the request form for you, and you will be able to track the status of the request when you are logged in.
How Do I Find Employment Opportunities?
Employment Opportunities and Applying For Employment
To apply for employment with the Antioch Public Library District, please complete the following:
to download the employment application.
(NOTE: Do not fill out the form while viewing the PDF in your web browser. Please download the PDF first and open the downloaded copy.)
2. Open the PDF file on your computer, fill out the form in the PDF and save it.
to email the application back for consideration.
You may also complete steps 1 and 2 above and print, instead of saving the PDF and deliver it in person,or just download and print the blank form and complete it by hand before delivering it in person.
Applications mailed or delivered by hand should be directed to Jennifer Drinka.
Currently Taking Applications For: